Wednesday 8 February 2012

Melbourne Indigenous Arts Festival Numba Wan

The first ever Melbourne Indigenous Arts Festival kicks off on Friday 10 February 2012. Maybe this will inspire me to revive this blog. Carolyn Webb's article Roach's musical road to recovery appeared today in the lead up to the festival.  Here are my festival picks that I may or may not review here soon:
  • STRAKE@ - An exhibition by Arthur A Cole
  • James Henry's composition for the Giant Theremin
  • Arika Waulu's projections at Signal
  • Troy Casser-Daley
  • Radical Son
  • Bart Willoughby
  • Skin
  • Patrick Mau
  • Lady Lash
  • Liz Cavanagh
  • Corranderrk - We Will Show The Country
  • Koorioboree
  • Indigenous Laneway Commissions
  • Incident at Swanston Street
  • Indigenous Writers' Talks
  • Indigenous Visual Artists' Talks
  • Mad Bastards
  • The Tall Man
  • Toomelah
Which is pretty much the entire program, but no one said I couldn't pick as much as I like. Just goes to show how much talent there is out there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim, I think you should review everything! Just one every couple of days with your impressions.

    ReplyDelete